Installing WordPress is surprisingly easy. This tutorial will break down step by step how to install wordpress on a GoDaddy Server. Most other hosts will be very similar, but there will be some differences.
Installing WordPress on Your Host
Step 1: Log in to GoDaddy.
Step 2: Go to “My Products”.
Step 3: Under the web hosting section click “manage” on your plan.
Step 4: Click the blue “cPanel Admin” button that is near the top.
Step 5: Under “Software” click “Installatron Applications Installer”.
Step 6: Click “Applications Browser” and then click “WordPress” under Apps for Content Management.
Step 7: Click “Install this Application”.
Step 8: Fill out the information and click install at the bottom.
- These are my recommended settings for a beginner!
- The directory should be left blank unless you want it installed in a sub-folder. If you want to access your website using just the domain name then leave it blank.
- Use the recommended version and choose your language.
- I’d recommend turning off all updates.
- You can change the username, password, and email. Make sure you fill out all of the information accurately.
- Yes to limiting login atempts. No to multi-site.
- Automatically manage advanced settings.
Finishing up the Installation
Step 1: To access the backend of your website got to domainname.com/wp-admin (ex. krisrisner.com/wp-admin).
Step 2: When prompted to start the install wizard click “no thanks”.
Step 3: Install Plugins – start with security!
If you are a visual learner then we have a video tutorial too. https://youtu.be/EdFafb0w_9E